Temporary Housing Insurance
The majority of transferees staying in short term housing or hotels find - often when it’s too late - that their existing policies provide very little coverage, if coverage is provided at all. In cases when coverage is available, there is typically a high deductible and if a claim is filed with the homeowner’s policy, their premiums could go up substantially. Additionally, traditional renter’s insurance policies are normally sold on a 12 month coverage basis, and cancellation fees may apply. Traditional polices require lengthy applications with an itemized list of property in order to bind coverage. This can prove a burdensome task for someone staying in short term accommodations.
Short Term Secure alleviates the stress and difficulty by providing the needed coverage for the transferee at an affordable rate.
Benefits of Short Term Secure include:
- A bundled solution where the policy can provide:
- liability coverage
- coverage for personal belongings
- coverage for accidental damage to the unit and its furnishings
- coverage for bed bug remediation.
- Additional benefit of service at a low cost. Given the heightened likelihood for personal property losses, breakage, or theft while one is traveling or relocating, this type of solution helps companies offer guests a solution before a problem occurs.
- Low deductible per claim.
- A way to rise above the competition. Having an insurance solution bundled into your service offering helps to differentiate you from the competition.
- Global Access. Short Term Secure is widely available including all 50 states and 180 countries worldwide.
- Ease of use. This program helps reduce the administrative burden for both corporate HR professionals and guests. We offer a simplified application process which requires minimal data such as contact details and address.
- A Hassle-Free claims process. Guests will deal directly with Jacob Street and our partners' claims department. In most cases claims can be expedited in as little as 10 business days.